BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

During A Recession...

Be prepared to feel akward when someone gets laid off from your job and someone else calls and asks for that person.

Things you can say to avoid the awkardness:

  • "________ no longer works for the company. Is there something that I can help you with?"
  • "___________ is not in the office. Would you like his/her voicemail?"
  • " I can not seem to locate him/her. Is there something that I can help you with?"

My company has laid off several people in the last 5 or 6 months and this happens at least twice a week. I tend to go with the first option unless that person was laid off that same day.

I can tell you that you DO NOT WANT to gossip with other employees about the termination over the phone and if they keep asking what happened just say "Im sorry. Is there anything else that I can help you with".

Damn recession...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails