BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 17, 2010

I Challenge You to Speak On It: Gator Bait

In the last few months I've noticed that more bloggers are doing these challenges where they are writing about the most mundane shit just to have a post. Im all for the writing challenges but I've become bored by reading about the last thing you ate for breakfast or the first time you farted in front of a guy so I found it necessary to start my own challenge.

My goal is to find a picture or a video to post on my blog for all of you to read/see. Then, I will ask you to post a comment on the first thing that comes to mind then write about it on your blog.

Now, the challenge:
While surfing the net, I came across a picture that sparked so much hurt, hatred, and sadness that i just had to post it here. I thought about the readers of my blog and wondered if you all had seen the picture and, if so, what you thought about it.

I know its not the first thing you want to see or hear on a Monday morning but I urge you all to look at the clip and picture below then speak on it.

Don't worry... classic khaki fuckery is coming soon :O)















10 comments:

NightFall914 said...

First thing I thought was "Cracker ass Crackers!"

Hazey said...

i accept this challenge...

first thought wasn't words...but an overcoming of emotions...

J-Jones said...

First thought: "This is so sad."

Cie said...

i accept.

my first thought: *insert flava flav "WOW"*
that's soo saddd

Kingsmomma said...

indescribable. i minored in Afam history and there are some things that occured in history that my mind simply can not wrap itself around.

Ms. Jones said...

So many thoughts....

Of the slave moms especially. Seriously, my life is already the closest I will ever get to seeing Hell and you take my child and use him/her to catch fucking alligators???? I wonder is the slaves knew (or eventually learned of) them doing this or did they just think the babies were disappearing or being kidnapped and sent to other plantations???

It's too early for this....my Mommy mode is in full affect wanting to kill me some slave masters...smh

Challenge accepted tho...

.....and kudos to you for having a challenge that actually teaches something in the process....now where's this promised fuckery?

DianaBoss said...

That's that shit they do, evil motherfuckers. That was just the first thing.

I thought about how I try not to be like that. I try and give them each the benefit of the doubt. 60% of time they do something suspect. An aquaintance of mine happened to brag on FB Saturday about "Throwing a NIGGER down 3 flights of stairs. Fun Fun Fun"

My reaction was Wow. Disappointing. To which he says "Sorry hun. didn't mean it like that. he was a jerk"

And I was thinking "You can't trust them."

I'm not sure if this has helped but maybe it's best that way to keep your guards up.

Rock said...

My reaction is "Alligator's can't even eat that much." Typical white man's opulence and excess. If Alligator's ate that much, semmingly unhealthy food they wouldn't have a lifespan dating back to prehistoric times. They'd have their lifelines curtailed like, say ummmmmm....black people.

And why aren't they running? It obviously not because they are scared the slavemaster will kill them.

Point of this seemingly idiocentric rant is that you have to think outside the box. This picture should be called "Salvation." I'd much rather be eaten by alligators then live through 30 years of slavery, rape, castigation and inhumane acts of cruelty.

www.Nappyheadedbros.com

-Mr. Drink my Bread

1/3 said...

Unbelievable....Thats the first thing that came to my mind....

I can't even speak on it....it just makes me so grateful that even tho the african american community was oppressed for so
long we still rose above it all.

Seeing stuff like this is humbling and makes me appreciate black history even more...the good with the bad.

Eyes On The Prize (eyesOTP) said...

I know I'm late (as usual) commenting but my first thought was...

evil!

We really have to remember how people survived thru slavery and Jim Crow times. I remember a scene in Roots when the woman was on the slave ship with her baby. She sat on the edge and fell into the water with her baby. She made the choice to die in the sea than be a slave. It was a powerful scene and I always wonder...what would I have done? I wonder if many slaves committed suicide during those times?

Powerful post Khaki. Thank you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails